Another company that is confused about the difference between an Account Rep and a Sales Engineer:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform sales support to consistently meet overall area sales goals.
- Make regular sales calls on existing major accounts and establish contact with new accounts.
- Make effective customer presentations, proposal pricing is accurate and technically correct.This may include walk-through customer site, and field visits.
- Sell maintenance engineering services and professional services.
- Develop new accounts, sell national accounts and make sales calls at the VP level.
- Perform marketing support to promote the Companys image throughout the industry.
- Implement area-marketing plan on a monthly basis.
- Assist Corporate needs in new service assessments, marketing research and literature development.
As Sales Engineers, we really need to educate these companies. By doing so, not only do they appear to understand their industry, but it also highlights why Sales Engineers offer so much more, and more different, services and opportunities that the Account Reps they are being confused for…